Cars WILL NOT stay on the track! Dissapointed

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Cars WILL NOT stay on the track! Dissapointed

Postby brennan3 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi All! I'm a new user and new to this forum.
I purchased the RealFX system from Amazon prime about a week ago. I also purchased 2 extra cars and 2 extra controllers the same night. All arrived in 2 days. I'm a 46 yr old big kid who used to build and race RC cars about 20 years ago. I have been waiting for a system like this for years!
The first night I raced for about an hour against 3 pace cars. Super fun. I then brought the system to my folks house over Thanksgiving week. The first night was a blast as about 10 people rotated in and out playing championship races. We played over 3 nights and about 10 hours. We changed the batteries a few times. On Thanksgiving Night we set it up and started racing. ALL CARS had brand new batteries. 2 couldn't even come close to staying on the track. I fiddled with it but slowly everyone lost interest and started saying that because its a first generation racing game it probably has a bunch of glitches.
I got home today and unpacked it. Cleaned every cars sensor and every inch of track. Layed out a simple track design and set all cars to pace car mode. They were like ants darting off the track in different directions!! Only one car could make 2 laps around before it went off the track.

I'm beyond disappointed! Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I'm set to pack it all up tomorrow and return everything for a refund. Considering I spent about $400 sight unseen hoping all the reviews were correct I feel a bit duped. Also, no support on the website for anyone in the USA.
brennan3

Re: Cars WILL NOT stay on the track! Dissapointed

Postby UncleRobin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:08 pm

One of my cars' front sensor went out (I believe) causing the car to go right off the track no matter what. It happened after I left the car on and the batteries went dead. When I put new batteries in, the issue appeared. Very little actual running time on the car. Of the six total cars I have, I have so far only have had an issue with one, however I am still on the first set of batteries on the 5 working cars.

Through the Real FX website support link, I sent a message describing the problem. It took a couple of days, but I got a response and they are in the process of resolving the issue. I am in the USA, purchase through amazon.com.

As far as I can tell, and somebody please correct me if I have missed it, I do not see any indication of a manufacture's warranty. Nothing mentioned about a warranty on the box, manual, or website that I saw. Since I purchased on amazon.com, I have the Amazon Prime generous return policy if needed, though that is only valid for a short period after purchase.

UR
UncleRobin

Postby fxlew » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:27 am

Well I guess I will be the first person to chime in on this. I do feel that ultimately you will get help here but apparently the facebook page (if you can find it) offers more help? (I don't do facebook so I am not sure but have read here that there is activity there).
I feel your problem is not what the average person has experienced but being an ex USA realfx owner I can't answer correctly for other RealFX owners.
I say hang in there and do more research to find help before giving up on it.
RealFX has a great potential!!
fxlew

Postby brennan3 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:56 am

Thanks FXlew. I have actually been in close contact with Mark and Grame who work for RealFx. I'm sending the faulty cars directly to them as they have never seen this kind of failure in 4 cars at the same time. Hoping to get a response from them in about a week. I will update everyone then.
Also, after I told Mark that I was disappointed that there wasn't a US contact number he said it was way better to contact them by email. Other users should keep that in mind.
brennan3

Postby fxlew » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:24 am

There is a Major USA hobby store selling RealFX and of course also USA Amazon. No USA support phone number yet? WOW! Hopefully they will get this corrected as more USA people come aboard.
brennan3 stick with it. I am glad you are getting help!

PS: Hammacher Schlemmer(sp?) catalog sells RealFX at a higher price than Amazon BUT they have a lifetime satisfaction guarantee!!
fxlew

Postby Graeme_RFX » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes.... you can always contact the development team directly via the support email:
support@realfxracing.com
@Brennan3: Glad we were able to fix your problem :-)
Cheers
Graeme
Graeme_RFX

Postby Bri26 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:00 pm

What turned out to be the problem with brennan's cars?

Best regards,
Brian
Bri26

Postby Graeme_RFX » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:58 pm

First of all, thanks from the team for letting us investigate what happened! In this case, the sensors windows were obscured by a very fine dust that had entered while driving off-track, outdoors, in very dry & dusty conditions. We will update our FAQs & instructions to warn future users that although its OK to drive the cars outdoors, they should not be subjected to any excessively dusty environments.
Graeme_RFX

Postby pauleden » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 am

Is it possible for the owner to clean these windows?
(My set is wrapped under the Christmas tree with the kids name written on it) :)
pauleden

Return to General Real FX chat