What vehicle is the Real FX car closest to?

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

What vehicle is the Real FX car closest to?

Postby pauleden » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Here's my, European based opinions. It's clear to me at least, the car is a two seat, front engined, rear wheel drive layout. Perhaps a 2 + 2 seater. I can't recall any that look much like what we have. It's clearly a V8, as we can see by the 2 x 4 manifold objects on the bonnet.

Japanese?

The cabin is too tall to be Japanese and they do prefer the pop-up headlight, which the RFX doesn't have. Japanese cars of this type do tend to be rather smaller. The LFA is perhaps the closest we might get, but that car has a LOT of aero intake stuff, none of which we can see on the RFX. The big rear wing is perhaps reminiscent of an NSX?

American?
The front light/grille does look very American. It's a big car too, what we might say is typically American. So, the bonnet it too long to be close to a Viper. In overall proportions, ie, bonnet vs cabin vs tail length, it's quite close to 2015 Camaro, but I imagine the RFX car design was finalised before that broke cover. It does look, I think very close to the previous model, the 2010. Challenger? Again, it's a tall car, though it does seem to fill it's wheel arches in the same way the RFX does

British
The RFX car is very modern looking and us Brits haven't made a good sports car that is close to the looks of the RFX in decades, so I can't think it's based on anything from my side of the pond. The only car that comes even close is the 80's V8 Vantage, which does have a large bonnet bulge that is a lot like the RFX car.

German
Nothing comes close. The original BMW M1 is perhaps the closest, but it has a much more steeply raked front.

Swedish
The FRX car's glass (windscreen, side windows and especially C pillar glass) is VERY Koenigsegg, and perhaps the rear wing too, but that doesn't have the bluff nose of the RFX cars. If I'm honest, the glass in the RFX is the most recognisable part on the whole car when you see the Koenigsegg.
Last edited by pauleden on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
pauleden

Re: What vehicle is the Real FX car closest to?

Postby Bri26 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:08 am

I think the car is based loosely off the 2010 to 2015 Chevrolet Camaro. I think the designers wanted a cool looking car that was different enough to not have to pay any licensing costs. I would say they succeeded.

Best regards,
Brian
Bri26

Postby pauleden » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:51 am

Agree. Coincidence or not, it does seem to look most like a 2010 Camaro. And that's no bad thing, it's a handsome car.
pauleden

Postby kingkrasher » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:49 am

I agree with the chevy idea as my daughters think the yellow car looks like bumblebee.
kingkrasher

Return to General Real FX chat