Pairing issues

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Re: Pairing issues

Postby Unshakeable » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:50 am

I wanted to offer some follow up after additional testing. Seems like my issues cleared up after cycling AAA batteries several times. They appear to be "soft" when arriving from supplier (Amazon) in this case - maybe setting on shelf for quite a while? I connected a 4x AAA battery holder to a charger I use for my rc planes. Discharged at 1amp and recharged 3-4 times and capacity and overall voltage increased (146 mah to 700+mah for 4 cell "pack" and apparently a increase in stable load voltage - unable to test this one easily). I assume you could substitute a flash light or some other device to cause discharge. Since cycling batteries, we have not had any issues and can easily get 3+ hours of almost solid racing before changing batteries. More than satisfied now and glad I took the time to investigate. Love racing these cars! Have my neighbor and adult son joining with me for weekend racing - truly a BLAST!
Unshakeable

Postby fxlew » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:07 am

Yeah that's right the batteries I quoted are used in wireless controllers for Carrera Digital controllers. I wonder if these same batteries or something close to same specs could be used in the realfx controllers and also the realfx cars? WHen I had the realfx set we were running through a lot of non rechargeable batteries of all types and could not find any that would last longer than 1 hr. Maybe these very small rechargeable batteries could be tried out?
fxlew

Postby Unshakeable » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 am

I wanted to offer some follow up after additional testing. Seems like my issues cleared up after cycling AAA batteries several times. They appear to be "soft" when arriving from supplier (Amazon) in this case - maybe setting on shelf for quite a while? I connected a 4x AAA battery holder to a charger I use for my rc planes. Discharged at 1amp and recharged 3-4 times and capacity and overall voltage increased (146 mah to 700+mah for 4 cell "pack" and apparently a increase in stable load voltage - unable to test this one easily). I assume you could substitute a flash light or some other device to cause discharge. Since cycling batteries, we have not had any issues and can easily get 3+ hours of almost solid racing before changing batteries. More than satisfied now and glad I took the time to investigate. Love racing these cars! Have my neighbor and adult son joining with me for weekend racing - truly a BLAST!
Unshakeable

Postby michaelg » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:34 pm

eneloops working perfectly for me in controllers, and inexpensive store-brand AAA rechargeables (i forget what) running 4 cars without any noticeable glitches
michaelg

Previous

Return to General Real FX chat