pit stops

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

pit stops

Postby prime05 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:53 am

Hi, I've been looking into this system and am on the fence. A couple of things have me concerned as I have yet to see any videos of actual races. Also, have yet to see any pit stops. Any chance someone can post videos of these? Thank you in advance for anyone that does. I'm looking to replace my old carrera digital set. Tried the magracing system, but that system doesn't really work. Spent a few hundred dollars to find that out. I'm really liking what I see so far with the real fx racing and hoping that there will be a longevity with the system.

Thanks.
Paul
prime05

Re: pit stops

Postby fxlew » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:32 am

Interesting. I left RealFX to go into Carrera Digital racing :-)
Anyway I feel that RealFX as you probably do : The future racing system that is here now.
It was a year ago I was given my RealFX set and I researched far and wide and also did not find an video of a actual race that used the pit stop.
I will do some searches also and if I find any I will post the url or actual video(s) here.

I hope to someday again rejoin the realfx world also!
fxlew

Postby Jonny B. » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:59 am

I don't have a video to assist with regarding pit stops. However, I can report that entering the pit area seems a bit difficult as the car doesn't seem to want to make the entry to that area. So far, it takes several attempts before I can successfully cross the pit line and have the car register that indeed it is in the pit. As far as length of time in the pits, it's only a matter of successfully crossing the entry and exit pit lines as there is no actual wait time in the pits. To successfully cross both pit lines will bring a message saying that you're good to go and the car will return to normal function at that time. Hope this helps!
Jonny B.

Postby FXbrood » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:45 am

You need to move to the RC mode to enter and get out of the pit stop.
It is just a matter of habit, once used to it, it can be done very easily !
FXbrood

Postby DarkHorse » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 am

Yes agreed, I toggle RC mode to enter the pit lane, once in the pit, toggle out of RC mode and the AI assist will do the rest.
I posted a little video in this recent post showing a pit stop.
Real FX racing rocks! Starter kits now £50 UK Dec 2015

Kids need Track Crash Barriers? Try HotWheels/FastLanes track edges with books, cut credit cards for joins:)

Track Editor.
DarkHorse

Postby michaelg » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 am

it's funny that you have to toggle RC just to drive into the pits...

i cannot see any track color-gradation reason that would stop or alert the cars to keep them from just driving right on into the pit

but they just won't go in, none of my 4 cars... unless i use RC mode, of course

the grandkids always whine 'i can't drive in there!' so i just removed the pit track, but that just doesn't seem to be a great answer
michaelg

Postby rackman5024 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:09 am

My kids struggle getting in the pits too but I stop to let them have a chance. I figure they have to learn. If that is how it has to be done then so be it.
rackman5024

Postby wildeast » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:04 am

The cars are (or should be) calibrated so, that hard left or right steering while driving with decent speed will keep them on track (on the left or right side of it).
The color, that keeps them on track is not the curb color "red" its the ground color "black" or "white".
As the color at the entrace to the pit track does not change, the cars will be kept on the main track, not allowed to leave it.

If you want to improve it, just add some dark tape parallel to the main track at the entrance to the pit. The darker it is, the more the car will steer into the pit.
Medium gray tape will allow a car to steer straight over it, if not steered, but to drive into the pit, if steered right.
Black tape will most likely force any car into the pit that drives over the tape, more or less no matter what direction you steer.

You can use crepe tape (masking tape) and colour it to your needs with a pencil. Its sufficient to have a tape as wide, that a hard right steering car would get a chance to drive over it.
wildeast

Postby michaelg » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:54 pm

wildeast wrote:The color, that keeps them on track is not the curb color "red" its the ground color "black" or "white".

If you want to improve it, just add some dark tape parallel to the main track at the entrance to the pit. The darker it is, the more the car will steer into the pit.
Medium gray tape will allow a car to steer straight over it, if not steered, but to drive into the pit, if steered right.
Black tape will most likely force any car into the pit that drives over the tape, more or less no matter what direction you steer.

still... somehow it seems like it's too complicated to steer into the pit area, at least for young kids (who are the real 'intended' target consumers? :D )
michaelg

Postby wildeast » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:40 am

I guess, if you use black tape at the pit entrance, it should be easy to drive into the pit even for young kids. The car should steer itself into the pit if driven (slow to medium speed) over the tape. Then its supposed to keep itself on the center line of the pit. I did not test it though.
wildeast

Return to General Real FX chat