Impressed with support

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Impressed with support

Postby Snagle » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:31 pm

We purchased a starter set, expanded track pack, and an additional car and controller for Christmas. When we starting playing, my son got really frustrated with his ability to stay on track, even when driving slowly. When I tried his car, I noticed it 'pulled' really badly to the right and would barely turn left at all. Furthermore, the car would often exit the track on the right-hand side even at slow speeds. The other two cars worked perfectly.

I emailed support on a Sunday afternoon. To my surprise, I received response that very day...on the weekend! Graeme gave me some tests to perform on the car and confirmed there was a problem with the calibration of the sensors. He then mailed me a tool to reset the calibration and return the car to proper functionality. The process was simple and the response timely.

Any time a product is manufactured, there will be problems with particular units. What matters is how the company addresses these issues. I was pleasantly surprised both by the timely response and the ease of resolution of an issue that made one vehicle basically unraceable. Many large, established companies do not support their customers as well. I am impressed with the product, but I am more impressed with the company. Real FX rocks! Graeme, thank you for the assistance.
Snagle

Re: Impressed with support

Postby michaelg » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 am

i'm also very impressed with support... in particular with Jim in Los Angeles
michaelg

Postby amanihanse » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:10 am

:) i too had car issues two red cars that would hold track support did test and is sending a calibration tool so pretty great service lets hope all works
amanihanse

Postby michaelg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 am

of course i understand that car technical issues aren't linked to car shell colors at all, but i also had issues with two different red cars, too

hmmm... anyone else having 'red car' only problems?

no, no... that's ridiculous to even think that red cars might be having more issues than yellow cars
michaelg

Return to General Real FX chat