Cars stuck in left turn when in AI mode

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Cars stuck in left turn when in AI mode

Postby Mxs290 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:52 am

Cars stuck in left turn when in AI mode. Cars respond normally when in R/C mode. Batteries have been replaced. All sensors have been cleaned. I bought two sets (4 cars) and now I only have two working cars. Very frustrated. Please advise.
Mxs290

Re: Cars stuck in left turn when in AI mode

Postby Badtoe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:33 am

NOt sure if this is the same problem I had - I have dismantled one car to try to build a custom job and found that the wires to the motor, which are bare type wires which go round a small coil (choke) before joining the motor, can develop a fault which locks the steering in AI mode but is ok in R/C. If you try to reverse the car in the AI mode, the steering switches to the opposite lock too!

I replaced the motor wiring and it worked fine.

I'll post my 'project' soon.....
Badtoe

Postby Knight » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 am

Hello

The set that I purchased for my kids is doing the same thing. The red car is stuck in a turn in AI mode. I see from reading that this has been an issue. Does anyone have any solutions. My kids love the set, but we can race with only one car.

Thank you for any help.
Knight

Postby Dash cohen » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm

I'll probably get banned for saying this but whatever, Real FX cars SUCK! They are fast, but even when they turn they glitch, fresh batts, fresh controller, doesn't matter they glitch.
Hot Wheels cars are Much better, and handle much better, and are as fast because you can actually make turns like a real car, unlike RFX cars(GLITCH).
On the other hand, RFX makes some great expansion packs which are unavailable elsewhere, and fit Hot wheels track perfectly, so there is that,
B
http://realfxandhotwheels.blogspot.com/
Dash cohen

Return to General Real FX chat