Car wobbling

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Car wobbling

Postby mav2000 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi guys. Just got this set for my kid and am quite happy with it. But I do have one small issue. The red car wobbles a lot. The front tyres. And this is right out of the box. How can I solve this?
mav2000

Re: Car wobbling

Postby DarkHorse » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 am

Hi there, yes some cars are more sensitive that others, where the car's AI tend to 'hunt' the sterring for the centre line more than others. More noticable at slower speeds, works fine in RC mode. Is that what you mean?
Otherwise check the wheels and tyres for irreglarities, try swapping wheels side to side or refitting a wheel at a 180 degree rotation offset.
Real FX racing rocks! Starter kits now £50 UK Dec 2015

Kids need Track Crash Barriers? Try HotWheels/FastLanes track edges with books, cut credit cards for joins:)

Track Editor.
DarkHorse

Postby Dash cohen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Remove the Rims and check to see that the front axles are tight, but not too tight. The Hot Wheels cars are designed with a lot of "give" and while it may look like the front is sloppy, at speed it doesn't matter, the faster you go, the cleaner your racing line, Cheers!
http://realfxandhotwheels.blogspot.com/
Dash cohen

Postby mav2000 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:39 am

So I tried some of the above ideas, but was not able to get it running properly. I sent in a message to support along with a video of the issue and they have still not got back to me even after a couple of weeks....bad service to say the least.

Link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy6DjP99_7c

around the 30 s mark you can see the wobble.
mav2000

Postby DarkHorse » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:09 am

Yes I have one car (1 of 4) that does drive wobbly like that, admittedly not quite as bad as yours. Looks like a poor setup or defective sensor feedback to me. It is very annoying at low speeds, when I added barriers and was able to race much faster the problem was less of an irritation.

If support can't help you then maybe try to pick up a cheap second hand set with at least one working AI car or some newer HW versions at http://hotwheels.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hw/advanced-play.

Just had a quick search:
New Real Fx Colbalt Blue Car ~$20 on ebay.com
New HotWheels AI starter kit ~$40 Amazon.com
New Real Fx starter kit £30 delivered UK ebay.co.uk
Real FX racing rocks! Starter kits now £50 UK Dec 2015

Kids need Track Crash Barriers? Try HotWheels/FastLanes track edges with books, cut credit cards for joins:)

Track Editor.
DarkHorse

Return to General Real FX chat