Car & Controller Problems

Doesn't fit anywhere else? Put it here, no way off topic stuff please.

Moderator: schoey

Car & Controller Problems

Postby MikeD » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:15 am

First I would like to thank the Real FX Team for what is a great & novel product. I am sure it will be a huge success once the teething issues are sorted out. We purchased the product through ToysRUs in Japan for Christmas and have loved playing with it over the past several weeks. The kids & I have had a hard time putting it down and have driven the cars hard. Rechargable batteries are certainly a must when you had a 9yr old who insists on 150 lap races!!!

That said we have had some problems and are currently on our 3rd set, hopefully 3rd time lucky!!! Thankfully living not far from a Toys R Us store in Japan has ment that we have been back-up and racing in no time.

Apart from the common paring issue raised by others (frequent i.e. 2 - 3hrly rechargable battery changes real does sort this out) we have experienced the following quality issues.

With the first set, the red car was completely irratic. The car would initally run, albeit with some difficulty for one or two laps and then the front wheels would just kept constantly hunting even at stand still. I guess a problem with one of the optical sensors, but really nothing we could do other go get an exchange.

The second set ran well for about a week, however suddenly we lost all steering on the controller. The car would go around the track however we had no steering toggle function. Closer inspection (sorry guys could help but have a peak inside the controller) revealed that actually the shaft at the interface with the steering POT inside the controller had sheared, resulting in complete loss of toggle steering function.

I hope the above helps to improve the product and take what is a great product to the next level. Really looking forward to being able to hopefully sometime soon be able to purchase some additional track, an additional car & controller however in the meantime Happy racing!!!
MikeD

Re: Car & Controller Problems

Postby MikeD » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Ok, so 6months later and I have the same problem. The car controller is broken again at the point where the steering shaft meets the POT. The last one went back to the shop for a full replacement but I'd rather not have to do that. Is there any way of getting spares for this part as it appears to be a design weakness. I see from other posts that others have similar problems, but unfortunately I do not have a 3D printer so printing a part is not an option for me. @Real FX Racing team, please can you help, as this really is a great product but obviously this one part is a weakness. If you could contact me to arrange for some spare replacements that would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance for your earliest response & support. MikeD.
MikeD

Re: Car & Controller Problems

Postby Racingben » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:33 am

Hi search for my posts. All it needs to fix is some super glue and a small bit of plastic. That way the case is used as a (much stronger) travel limiter for the wheel
Racingben

Return to General Real FX chat