Test results for higher voltages.

Note: Everything in here is DIY and at your own risk, this stuff WILL void your waranty

Moderator: schoey

Test results for higher voltages.

Postby chad1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:35 pm

I've tried tried a 4.8v nimh pack with the standard electronics in the car,it works fine and the car is faster.
Now for the bad news.....6v nimh is too much! It burnt out straight away, I assume the esc burnt because the car would pair but wouldn't respond. If your thinking about trying a 7.4v think twice! Just thought I would share this info....Here's a picture of my modified battery compartment. I have destroyed two of my standard cars trying higher volts, on the brighter side I now have some spares for the two modified cars that still work! Perfect excuse to buy a third set.
Attachments
20150325_174008.jpg
20150325_174008.jpg (66.44 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
chad1

Re: Test results for higher voltages.

Postby dvs-626 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
This is good information to know.
Might be a good idea for a moderator to sticky a post with the limitations of our cars...Save someone else killing their car testing something that may have already been tested.
dvs-626

Re: Test results for higher voltages.

Postby schoey » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:47 pm

dvs-626 wrote:Might be a good idea for a moderator to sticky a post with the limitations of our cars...Save someone else killing their car testing something that may have already been tested.

Great idea, done. :)
Can't wait for my Pro Racing Set Ultimate + Pro-Racing Track Upgrade...

Yep 2 x flyovers :-) !!!
schoey

Return to Mods/Upgrades