Car Bodies

Note: Everything in here is DIY and at your own risk, this stuff WILL void your waranty

Moderator: schoey

Re: Car Bodies

Postby chad1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:38 pm

I decided to go ahead with trying to fit the Bentley shell. I'm picking the car up next week, so I started getting the chassis ready.....check out the front end!
Attachments
20150410_122300.jpg
20150410_122300.jpg (234.68 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
chad1

Postby martin » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 am

Chad, I understand the mod you did. Question: did this result in a increased steering angle as well? Or could you obtain that by cutting away some plastic? It looks to me that with this mod you can increase it and obtain a better turning radius. I did some tests too, the servo is not limited, the limits are in the original front set-up. I think your mod could increase the steering angle and improve cornering. The original car has 20cm+ radius, or 40cm+ diameter (at slowww speed), not great.
I could try it myself, but it's still not my type of racing game and my set is availabe for sale or spares. I'm not playing with it, I'm just analyzing it and trying to understand what my ultimate slotless racing game would be.

One thing I'd like to have is the software to adjust the car...Looking at that USB connector and knowing only Real FX UK has access to it.. While we're all Beta testers..
martin

Postby chad1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 am

The amount of steering with that mod remains the same but the weight is shifted back which allows the car to turn in a bit sharper. I have since done another chassis with an adjustable steering linkage, the linkage system gives me more steering as the throw from the servo has increased. Ive used a different servo horn and a connecting rod from a 4 ch r/c helicopter and that is attached to a mount that I have attached to the original rfx steering arm. The servo is now under the main circuit and I'm using a 250mah 3.7 lipo, the lower weight of the car helps to increase perfrmance in both speed and cornering. The reason for the adjustable linkage I have used is to make the car run dead straight even in rc mode.
As for the USB I reckon it is used to calibrate the sensors and nothing else, I only say this because the car can be bound to other RFX controllers without the need for the throttle to be recalibrated.
Attachments
20150420_082349.jpg
20150420_082349.jpg (132.68 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
chad1

Previous

Return to Mods/Upgrades