Spareparts

Note: Everything in here is DIY and at your own risk, this stuff WILL void your waranty

Moderator: schoey

Spareparts

Postby Wouters » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Dit somebody looked inside the controller? Is the gashandel replacebel?
Wouters

Re: Spareparts

Postby Fred » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 am

I took a look. Nothing out of the ordinary or difficult to get to. All you need is a couple of small Phillips screwdrivers. It will all come down to what parts Wow make available.

The geek in me was disappointed to see an epoxy blob rather than an identifiable IC doing the bulk of the work.
Fred

Postby guy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:46 am

Could some one post 3D STL files for the controller internals? Specifically the black wheel which stops the steering wheel turning too far and allows it to return to centre..

My kids have broken one which I tried to super glue but it's not held :(
guy

Postby Graeme_RFX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi Guy..... Let me try & get that for you. It would be a useful resource for anyone else who gets a breakage.
Graeme_RFX

Postby Graeme_RFX » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:22 pm

For anyone who has broken the steering wheel stop on their controller & wants to print a replacement part, here are the CAD files for that part of the assembly.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6141287_96047071_967610
Graeme_RFX

Postby guy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:32 pm

That's fantastic. Thanks very much..I'll be printing them later tonight when I get home. I've only got PLA at the moment, but it might be better in ABS.

Cheers!
guy

Postby fxlew » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 am

So let me understand this : If a part breaks inside of a controller = there are no replacement parts available and we have to print it ourselves?? Outrageous!!
fxlew

Postby guy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 am

I don't think anyone is saying that. It just happens that I have a 3D printer and so it's quicker for me to print out replacement parts than order them.

At this point I don't think they have thought about spare parts selling or otherwise.
guy

Postby fxlew » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 am

Guy : As far as we know here we can't order parts, I don't have a 3d printer, I can't order extra cars and controllers or track. There apparently is no support besides what is here (It's nice that other fellow owners are stepping up and trying to help). Yes there is a promise of a website sometime in the future. I don't have a clue about why it would take so long for a website to be put up. Heck my son put one up in a few hours. Guy I hope you are wrong about them having not thought about spare parts selling or even warranty help. But maybe there weren't enough sets sold here in the USA to have that support.
I continue to wait like maybe a couple of others on here. But this has to be addressed to the retailer that sold it to me. I can't believe that Hammacher even considered selling this knowing that there was no manufacturer support. But at least Hammacher does have the best return policy (LIFETIME) there is and that probably is why they took a chance on Real FX Racing.

I am trying to hold onto my set that was given to me for Christmas. But it is boxed and stored now as I am afraid we will have something go wrong with it if we race on it and then I will go ballistic on this. I am trying to stay calm but seeing the problems that have come up have me really questioning why I am still holding onto it. I feel the tech on it is wonderful and I want it to succeed..

Time will tell....
fxlew

Postby guy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:03 am

Quick update for anyone interested...

I've just printed a replacement steering shaft for the controllers, from Graeme's ZIP file. I printed it on my K8200 3D printer using 3mm PLA, I ended up printing it with the stop part at the bottom and using supports.

the print took about 3 minutes to complete, it then took an hour or so to file away the excess so it fitted!... But it does and I now have a working controller again.

guy

Next

Return to Mods/Upgrades