Track Editor

Show us what you've come up with, pictures and PB lap times encouraged.

Moderator: schoey

Re: Track Editor

Postby rackman5024 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 am

What version of windows will this track editor work with? I tried but I am using windows 7 and could not get the screen to pull up the way the instructions show.
rackman5024

Postby DarkHorse » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:22 am

Runs ok on Windows7 32bit and Vista 32bit, though both systems have tuned down OS UI visual features.

> could not get the screen to pull up the way the instructions show.
Oh, :lol: there's instructions! Track_Editor_IM_web.pdf (linked from http://realfxracing.com/support?sect=track-editor). I've not seen that before, thanks.

I'm guessing that you need to tick select the 'Automatic' option (Ctrl+A). I'll have a play...
Real FX racing rocks! Starter kits now £50 UK Dec 2015

Kids need Track Crash Barriers? Try HotWheels/FastLanes track edges with books, cut credit cards for joins:)

Track Editor.
DarkHorse

Postby Graeme_RFX » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Yes, we just added the instruction manual, and links to the latest version of Gacels great Track Editor software on the UK official website. It will be added to the German & French websites shortly.
Cheers - Graeme
Graeme_RFX

Postby snokes » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:17 pm

I have windows 10 and I cannot download the Track Editor onto my PC? Is there another version of this?
snokes

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:56 am

Hi Gacel,

very nice work! Thank you!

Is it possible to get an option to change the location of options.txt and tracks.txt?
I am starting the editor from my OneDrive path. So I can use it on each of my PCs.
If I will be able to set the location of these .txt-files to the same directory (OneDrive), I don't need to sync them manually over three machines anymore.

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas
Tom

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:59 am

snokes wrote:I have windows 10 and I cannot download the Track Editor onto my PC? Is there another version of this?

Hi snokes,

I am running it on Win10 64bit very fine.
Perhaps you need to change the download path.

Best regards,
Thomas
Tom

Postby ChrisB » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:24 am

Hello,

I have downloaded the track editor zip file and extracted all the files to my laptop running Windows7 but when i try to run the exe file i get an access violation error, when i press OK to get rid of the pop-up i get another almost identical error, when i get rid of this one i get the select your pieces pop-up but it is empty. I then have to shut the program down using the task manager.

Any help would be much appreciated me and my son would love to be able to create some tracks using the tool.

Cheers
Chris
ChrisB

Postby Tinus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 am

Hi Gacel and Co-Racers,

thank you for the Track-Editor, it's a nice piece of software. I'm running it currently under Winndows XP in VMware 12 on Ubuntu Linux 14.04.
Did someone got it managed to run it under Wine? I tried it, but was not successful.

Regards
Tinus
Tinus

Previous

Return to Track Layouts