additional cars

Where should WOW! head with this? No guarantees they'll listen, but lets do some brainstorming.

Moderator: schoey

additional cars

Postby Loki69 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:29 pm

taken this from the other thread as it is a seperate subject

maybe look at upping the amount of cars from 4 to 6 or 8 again to allow for more competition scenarios. (this may involve using a different frequency for the system to allow more cars

and other comments related

Re: pc/tablet output

Postby dvs-626 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:13 pm
Hi Loki69
Great ideas you have put forward.

I was thinking about the idea of the extra cars the other night, im not sure how it would be possible from a racing point of view. What I mean by this is the hazards during the race. How do you send a hazard to an opponent that isn't numbered on the controller? Do we all buy new controllers that have 8 buttons, or can Real FX think of an idea to utilise the same controller to send hazards to opponents 5,6,7 and 8. Maybe double tap 1 to hit opponent 5, double tap 2 to hit opponent 6 and so on...just something to think about. Actually it would be nice if this suggestion had its own topic, ill let you create it since you asked about it first

Re: pc/tablet output

Postby schoey » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:48 pm
Extra cars shouldn't raise any issues with frequencies, a quick read of this - http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/spreadspectrum01.shtml will help for those new to R/C. In summary 2.4ghz is spread spectrum and just about unlimited, unlike the 'old' R/C stuff which was narrow band which meant limited numbers.
Loki69

Re: additional cars

Postby dvs-626 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks schoey, deserves its own topic anyway.
dvs-626

Postby schoey » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Yeah for sure, don't ever let me stifle conversation I'm only guessing anyway, I just have a bit of experience in old 36mhz rc and now the new 2.4ghz.

I would guess that with no change a 5th (+) car would work straight away as the car and transmitter just pair without really 'knowing' whether it's the first or thirty first, just don't know what that would do to the targeted hazards? You can switch the hazards off so I guess that would be the go, 5+ cars would just have to be pure racing?

Can't wait for Graeme to get back on here, lots more questions!
Can't wait for my Pro Racing Set Ultimate + Pro-Racing Track Upgrade...

Yep 2 x flyovers :-) !!!
schoey

Postby kingkrasher » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:31 am

Cant wait to see what new car shells would be available in the future. Id love to see some uk hot rods or banger shells
kingkrasher

Postby kingkrasher » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:31 am

Cant wait to see what new car shells would be available in the future. Id love to see some uk hot rods or banger shells
kingkrasher

Postby michaelg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:03 pm

here's hoping that the new shells are carved from solid blocks of rubber, because my grandsons couldn't care less about slamming the cars against the wall...
michaelg

Return to Ideas for the future