Thoughts on different track system / layout

Where should WOW! head with this? No guarantees they'll listen, but lets do some brainstorming.

Moderator: schoey

Thoughts on different track system / layout

Postby martin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:56 am

As we have found out by now one can build huge tracks for fairly little money. The problem is space. Something I'd like to see in future is large rectangular
mats (like the first Real FX track), with complete track sections on it. The sketch gives a better idea, you could use all 9 mats, just 6, or just the 4 corner ones. I did this example in excel, hence all the straight lines. Yes it limits the variations in track layout, but advantages could be even shorter set up times, and being able to print track side stuff like curb stones etc.
The major advantage though would be it could be printed with a racing line. That should also allow for tighter turns, as the car will go outside-apex-outside. It would be a great solution to setting up an outdoor track, you roll out rubber mats, then roll out the track sections over it, and that's it. Maybe revert to the magnets to ensure the edges meet up where the track is.

http://imgur.com/uWVO9hL
martin

Re: Thoughts on different track system / layout

Postby edudata » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:25 am

Seems to me as a good idea. I have space problems and I suppose most users
edudata

Return to Ideas for the future